Pursue an exceptional career in marketing with top-notch employers
The Professional Program in Marketing (PPM) is designed for high-achieving undergraduate marketing students in the Jindal School of Management who are striving to pursue exceptional careers in marketing with top-notch employers. The purpose of the PPM is to prepare these top students by providing supplemental workshops and professional opportunities, and encouraging participation in rigorous courses.Apply Now
PPM Benefits to Students
- Access to Networking Opportunities
- Obtainment of supplemental functional skills and project opportunities
- Membership to a group of highly motivated and high-performing students
- Mentorship from PPM staff and experienced industry professionals
- Fall online applications deadline: October 31
- Spring online applications deadline: February 28
Frequently Asked Questions
This is a one- or two-year undergraduate program designed to create better outcomes for exceptional marketing students pursuing top marketing positions and careers. The program does not require that more than the amount (120 hours) of course credit required to graduate be earned. However, supplemental technical and professional skills workshops will be offered. Students will be required to take two designated rigorous classes; Advanced Personal Selling, Marketing Analytics, Marketing Projects , Social Marketing, , Predictive Analytics or Fast-Track courses. More designated courses will be added in the future.
The marketing major who should apply includes that student who is interested, meets the requirements and has time to supplement curriculum with additional technical skills, professional polishing workshops and rigorous classes. PPM classes include Marketing Projects , SocialMarketing, Marketing Analytics, Advanced Personal Selling and Fast-Track courses.
Fall online applications are due by October 31st and Spring online applications are due by February 28th.
To be admitted, you must meet the following requirements. You must:
- Be a marketing major (double majors are fine).
- Have and keep at least 3.4 GPA.
- Earned at least 6 graded hours at UT Dallas or another four-year college.
- Be of Sophomore or Junior standing.
PPM students must:
- Maintain a 3.4 cumulative GPA.
- Complete at least three supplemental PPM workshops.
- Complete two rigorous classes.
- Complete at least two internships before graduation. Exceptions can be made for study abroad or other approved reasons.
- Participate in the AMA UTD chapter, Advanced Sales competition, undergraduate research project or other approved marketing/sales activity before graduation.
No, this program will not conflict with the DMHP program but rather is designed to enhance the DMHP.
The BS in Marketing program’s required internship is important for acquiring needed experience to land that first job. It’s also a crucial part of our trilogy experience, which includes completion of an internship, 100 hours of community engagement experience and a capstone senior project course.
By being part of the UT Dallas community, we know we are blessed with support, resources and connections — but most of all hope.
In May 2019, Shannon Cotts won the DFW AMA Collegiate Marketer of the Year award for her outstanding data analysis provided to startup business Fixd, a Dallas-based home warranty and service repair business.
The Professional Program in Marketing (PPM) is a program that provides supplemental workshops and professional opportunities while also encouraging participation in rigorous courses. This elite program was the brainchild of a past Capstone Senior Project Marketing (MKT 4395) course.
While a BS in Marketing program student, Claudia Kwee had a chance to conduct a research project and present it at an educators’ conference in Houston.
Ready to Apply to PPM?
If you’re ready to take on the exciting challenge for yourself and your future, start your application now.Apply Now